Young People Registration
Some people know what job they want to do from an early age - for others it's not so simple. Choosing a career is a big decision, but don't be scared off by it because there's plenty of help available to assist you find the career that's right for you.
Getting to the right career takes a little planning. Career Passport to Success has been written to help you organise your plan and learn important skills that could put you ahead in the career stakes. Career Passport will help you;
- be aware of what needs to be done to get you on the successful career path
- avoid ending up in a job you don't like.
How it Works
When you apply to become part of the Career Passport to Success programme you will be sent the Career Passport to Success booklet. The booklet will give you all the information you need to complete the programme successfully. On successful completion of the programme you will receive a Certificate and your 'Passport'.
WANT TO GET CAREER PASSPORT? Click here to Register
Want to know more?
- Why Should I even think about it?
- What do you think employers want?
- What's in it for me?
- How could this course work for me?
- When would I get the Passport?
- How much will it cost me?
Well think about the following for a start:
- Many adults are finding it difficult to get work in New Zealand these days!
- It is even harder for young people to find their first job during the "down-times"!
- Sometimes it's who you know, that will get you a job! - But what if you don't know anyone with connections?
- Make your own mind up whether you think the Career Passport course might help you personally to get the job you want?
- This site could help you get the key skills you need, before you apply for the job of your dreams!
We also know that employers like;
- tidy minds, tidy habits and a respectful attitude;
- people who can communicate well without swearing;
- reliable staff who get to work on time, put in a full day, every day, all week;
- honest younger people who own their mistakes as well as their successes;
- energetic younger people who are motivated to help themselves succeed;
- those with a personal goal and a planned way of reaching it;
- staff who are willing to learn;
- team players;
- winners and real go-getters;
- confident and resourceful employees;
- quick-witted and decisive individuals!
- the skills you can acquire from the Career Passport Scheme will assist you find employment!
- the "Passport" you receive upon completion of the course will show the key "employability skills" you have mastered. It will be a document you can be proud of in later life!
- the development group and designers of the Career Passport course included young people, who were helped by employers, teachers and training officers from the commercial world.
- the designers pooled their wide experience and created a self-directed study course that young people can work on, either alone in the privacy of their own home, or in a group situation.
- The Career Passport course can be completed by individuals who are personally motivated, with or without help from an adult facilitator or tutor.
- The Career Passport course can be completed in a group situation with guidance from a facilitator, tutor or training officer.
- The Career Passport course can be supervised by a personal mentor, if the young person has such support available to them.
When you have completed all the work-book studies, and the associated tests (via the Internet or in hard copy), you will receive your "Passport" from the Young New Zealanders Foundation by postal mail.
Nothing! - This course is funded for you, from within the community. Our Foundation constantly seeks to raise funds to help us help other young people.
The Young New Zealanders Foundation is a registered charity. Any donation from you your extended family or friends would help us pay for the materials and running costs of the scheme'.